It is highly recommended to research any new medication that you’re about to take. And, of course, while researching a new medication the first thing to check are any potential side effects that the medication may cause. This is necessary not just for taking the decision of whether to consume the medication, but also because it helps you realize well in advance whether you’re having a side effect caused by the medication, and in seeking medical attention immediately. Without this knowledge, the side effects may escalate very high before you realize that they’re linked to a particular medicine that you’re consuming.
Adderall is a drug often used in the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Although it may have helped plenty of patients in the past, it is no risk free drug (in fact, there aren’t any!), and it is imperative to be knowledgeable on the side effects of this drug while consuming it.
Please note the following facts that are related to side effects of Adderall:
- In case you are already suffering from some form of thyroid problems, gastrointestinal issues, or congenital heart defects and are undergoing treatment for the same, then this drug can interfere with that treatment process.
- Long term use of this drug may make attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms worse, and subsequent withdrawal may become unbearable.
- When consumed in high doses can cause issues for the heart and respiratory system. This may lead to long term damage as well.
- It has been noted that all patients don’t exhibit the same reactions to this drug. Your doctor will have to closely monitor your health through frequent check-ups in order to determine the right course of prescription for you.
- This drug may stunt physical development if taken through childhood for long periods of time.
- For patients with heart defects, Adderall brings the added risk of stroke or even sudden death.
- Though it has been found that most patients can take low dosage of this drug without any adverse effects upon their system, this ADD Medication puts you at risk of incurring some very dangerous side effects, which is why you must consult a doctor before beginning this medication.
Coming to the general side effects of Adderall, they are as follows:
- Frequent or severe headaches
- Dryness in the mouth
- Pain or some sort of discomfort in the abdomen
- Sudden loss of weight
- Fall in the general appetite
- Insomnia and difficult in sleeping for regular hours
- Feeling of restlessness
Among the side effects of Adderall, the following are the most concerning and dangerous:
- Breathing difficulties
- Seizures and convulsions that lead to uncontrollable shaking
- Delusions indicating extreme nervousness or paranoia
- Hostility and other mood swings which may include severe aggression
- Loss of consciousness, or syncope
- Double vision or else blurring of vision
- Irregularities in heartbeat
- Pain or discomfort in the chest
- Deep depression
- Increased and high pulse rate which is also known as Tachycardia
- Sudden and dangerous shooting up of blood pressure
- Allergic reaction which may also include some redness and swelling in the throat or eyes
- Severe migraines